Catch the King Chess Materials
FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
Teacher & Classroom Questions
Introductory Email Chess (Practice Session)
Consultation & Tandem Chess
Puzzles (Math Chess & Trivia)
Programs & Activities
Tournament Information & Registration
"Catch the King"
(Chess For Elementary Schools)
Catch the King
- The Catch the King Demonstration Board
may be hung anywhere and it allows the entire
class to participate in various chess exercises
without having to crowd around a small table. The
vinyl pieces fit into slots, making it easy set
up any position. Each square is identified in algebraic
notation making it much easier to learn,
and teach, this language of chess. The entire set
can be rolled up and conveniently stored away at
the end of each lesson, or it may be left in
front of the classroom and used as an activity
centre that promotes cooperative
interactive problem solving.
- The Catch the King Chess Set in Tube
contains a complete regulation size chess set.
Each square on the board is identified in algebraic
notation. For easy storage, the board
and pieces are contained in a tube.
- The Catch the King Baseball T-Shirt comes
is sizes S, M,
L, or XL.
- In order to aid in teaching the basics of chess,
the following books are available:
- 1. "Catch the King" Chess for
the Classroom - Program One
- 2. "Catch the King" Chess for
the Classroom - Program Two
- 3. Beginners Chess Workbook - Captures
- 4. Beginners Chess Workbook Solutions -
Captures & Checks
- 5. Beginners Chess Workbook - Checkmates
- 6. Beginners Chess Workbook Solutions -
Checkmates (Teacher Manual)
- 7. Chess Coaches Lesson Plan.